[asterisk-users] Re: Features.. phone vs. asterisk?

Tomislav Parčina tparcina at lama.hr
Tue Sep 12 23:18:24 MST 2006

In article <Pine.LNX.4.64.0609120627100.25083 at gubbie.home>, grimm at nickellson.com says...
> I tried a lot of SIP and IAX softphones looking for ones I liked, noticing
> some have certain features and others did not. For things like call
> transfer, call park, group pick-up, line presence, and all those kinds of
> extras I have a bit of confusion on where it is implemented?
>
> Are these functions that Asterisk handles and the phone just "triggers"
> them with some out-of-band signal or DTMF sequence? Or does some of this
> rest on the phone itself? (Here is where I would love TFM to R. :) Just
> having a hard time finding what to read.)

Hi Nick!

As far as I know, most of them are telephone features. And just like you have said, Asterisk features you use with DTMF. I'm looking for solution how to use phone buttons to trigger Asterisk features. So when I press "Transfer" button on phone, that he sends  #1 to my Asterisk so that transfer can be completed on *.

Still looking... :))

--
Tomislav Parčina
Lama Computers Split