[asterisk-users] Voip providers and sip origination and termination?

Christopher Corn christopher_corn at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 10 12:43:57 MST 2006

can someone please explain the differnces to me???

  I have an asterisk system im setting up for a small office (4 or 5 phones) and as im looking for a voip provider, i find that voip providers generally have unlimited plans, and those that offer sip origination and termination get charged for the minute, for their outgoing and incoming calls.

  is there a difference in the backend architecture here? if so, what? or is this is just a difference in marketing terms and setup?

  for example, http://www.broadvoice.com offers an unlimited plan in the US for calls, though they never use the term sip origination and termination. they say their systems also supports asterisk.

  yet http://www.bandwidth.com/content/enterprise?page=voice_services_origination_termination&campaignId=701300000000JBJ calls it sip origination and termination

  any info is appreciated! thanks!