[asterisk-users] ISDN / Multiplink PPP (ZapRAS)

Brent Franks brentasterisk at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 07:17:02 MST 2006

Hello,

I have found and read Steven Critchfields writeup on how to use ZapRas
(Thanks Critch!), however I am a bit confused.

His write up is here:
http://copilotconsulting.com/mail-archives/asterisk.2003/msg01030.html

Currently we have a full PRI (23B Channels, 1D) coming into our
Asterisk Box using a TE110P.  Voice calls work great, and I have it
all configured up.

Now, I would also like to be able to use this box to establish a 128k
(possibly 256k multilink) PPP connection to an ISP who supports 128k
(2B's) or 256k (4B's) connection.

One thing I don't get understand is, is the Asterisk/Linux box the
modem?  I am confused when he states that he used a "Ascend Pipeline
75" as I don't really understand how that fits into the equation.

Can't asterisk dial our end ISP, and then I can set up routing at the
linux level to interface with ppp0 device for example?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much,

- Brent