[asterisk-users] Little help for a newbie configuring a TDM13B - ztcfg fails on channel 4

Iván Vega R. contacto at ivanvega.name
Fri Sep 8 14:54:32 MST 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm new on Asterisk. I'm trying to follow a few tutorials on the net,
and fortunately this has been the only stumbling block so far.

I do:
modprobe zaptel
modprobe wcfxs
modprobe wcfxs
modprobe wcfxs
modprobe wcfxo

I have this on zapata.conf:
[channels]
busydetect=1
busycount=7

relaxdtmf=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes

usecallerid=yes

echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes

rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0

group=1
pickupgroup=1-4

immediate=no

context=hemac

signalling=fxo_s
callerid=asreceived
channel=1
channel=2
channel=3

group=2
callerid="Batman"<123>
signalling=fxs_ks
channel=4

After I run ztcfg -vv I get this:
Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)
Channel 03: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 03)
Channel 04: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)

4 channels configured.

Changing signalling on channel 4 from Unused to FXO Kewlstart
ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 4: Invalid argument (22)

Strange this is that if I change the signalling on the first three
channels (or the 4th for that matter), the same message appears, so
I'm wondering if it's picking up the changes in the configuration...
or is there something I'm not getting?

Kind regards,
Ivan V.