[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.2 and SATA drives

Brandon Galbraith brandon.galbraith at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 08:32:48 MST 2006

I highly recommend the 3ware line of SATA RAID cards for doing SATA RAID.
I've installed them in upwards of 400-500 servers, and they're rock solid
cards and affordable.

Disclaimer: I do not work for 3ware or AMCC, but am a very satisfied
customer.

-brandon

On 9/8/06, shadowym <shadowym at hotmail.com> wrote:

> It has nothing to do with Asterisk as far as I know.  The kernel needs to
> support it I believe.  DO NOT even attempt SATA RAID without a hardware
> RAID
> card that is supported in the kernel or your asking for headaches.  For
> non-RAID, many BIOS's emulate IDE so if that is the case you should have
> no
> problems.  The newer the Kernel the better.  2.6 supports more SATA
> hardware
> than 2.4 I believe

Brandon Galbraith
Email: brandon.galbraith at gmail.com
AIM: brandong00
Voice: 630.400.6992
"A true pirate starts drinking before the sun hits the yard-arm. Yarrrr.
--thelost"