[asterisk-users] Softphones IAX vs. SIP, remote connectivity.

Cristian Draghici cristian.draghici at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 21:14:02 MST 2006

On 9/8/06, Nick Ellson <grimm at nickellson.com> wrote:

> Erm.. I mean LOUDHush  and I went to look and the features did not list
> Video, but the phone was listed in the video softphone section of the
> catalog search I did. So, I see FullDisclosure with vulnerabilities in
> IAX2 Video, I see questions asking what happens when you go from SIP video
> to IAX2.. But I have yet to see a IAX2 video softphone, commercial or
> otherwise.  Is the feature still a bit young? Or maybe to narrow a market?

LoudHush does not do video.

There is some good news - the iaxclient library that powers LoudHush
and most of the other IAX softphones out there is being updated for
video by Mihai Balea to support video on Windows, Mac and Linux (see
the cvs mailarchive on iaxclient.sourceforge.net).

As far as I know there is only one iax client library that does video
(a patched version of the iaxclient from Tipic Inc) and that doesn't
support Macs.

I'm guessing that once the iaxclient library will feature video, some
of the softphones using the library will add video capabilities.

--
Cristian Draghici
http://www.loudhush.ro