[asterisk-users] Re: bristuff compile problems with kernel 2.6.17.11

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Sep 7 16:48:34 MST 2006

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 08:56:54PM +0200, Arik Raffael Funke wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> >On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 01:27:36PM +0200, Arik Raffael Funke wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>has anybody had success compiling bristuff with kernel 2.6.17.11? Error
> >>messages are below...
> >
> >This is not code that is touched by the bristuff patch.
> >
> >Anyway, I'd try the latest 0.3.0 bristuff patch.
>
> Where is the code from then? I thought zaptel was part of bristuff.
> Anyway, has anybody been able to get it to work with kernel-2.6.17.11?

Bristuff is a patched version of Asterisk. The distribution includes a
set of patches and extra modules. It also has some scripts to download,
build and install zaptel, libpri and asterisk.

Each version of bristuff targets a specific version of Asterisk.

Latest bristuff 0.3.0 1s-'s Asterisk patch is for 1.2.10, but applies
fine on 1.2.11 (after you fix the patch of the .version file). I'm not
sure about zaptel 1.2.8 as I use a patched Zaptel on the Debian packages
(patched makefile for a saner build) so I might have missed something.

Anyway, Asterisk 1.2.10 and Zaptel 1.2.7 are a good start. Your specific
issue has been resolved in some version of zaptel 1.2 but nobody
bothered backporting the fix to zaptel 1.0.X . Maybe this is a simple
ifdef fix. Maybe something trickier.

> I am not using bristuff 0.3.0 because it requires asterisk 1.2. All my
> configuration currently bases on 1.0 and I am not quite ready to move it
> to 1.2.

You can use zaptel 1.2 with Asterisk 1.0 . Though you'll have to do the
patching yourself. We have tested this combination with analog zaptel
lines, but not much so with BRI, though.

Tzafrir Cohen         sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755          iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406          jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com     http://www.xorcom.com