[asterisk-users] te110p and te205p behavioural differences

Mark Edwards mark.p.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 16:04:41 MST 2006

I'm running both these cards in different boxes. MB chipset is the
same. I see consistently zero IRQ misses on the 205p and 9/10 timing
samples at 100%.

the te110p is a different story. No amount of optimisation can get the
timing up to 100% consistently. 1 out of 15 zttest samples will come
back at 100%. I also get the odd IRQ miss trickling in. We're up to 6
at present.

Is this normal behaviour for the te110p?

Also, lspci -vb displays the te110p as a "network controller" and the
te205p as a "communications controller". Does this have something to
do with it?

Also, doing a zap show channel {n} on the 205p shows the "dsp"
parameter as "yes". for the 110p, this comes back as "no". Can someone
help me understand what this parameter describes?

This activity is an attempt to debug some voice quality issues that I
am seeing at one particular site. We don't have these issues at the
site running the 205p although the other hardware and client solution
are substantially the same.

thanks,

Mark .

--