[asterisk-users] Re: Asterisk hangs up after 10-15 minutes whenSIPPhone is on mute

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Sep 7 11:24:33 MST 2006

Several Linksys models have had a problem in the past allowing multiple
devices on the inside lan to nat properly with something on the outside wan.

Ordinarily a sip phone on the inside of the lan attempts to register
with an external asterisk box, and the Linksys keeps track of source IP,
source port, destination IP, and destination port. (That is part of
every nat box.) But, on some Linksys models, they do not seem to track
the source info, thus two sip phones appear exactly the same from an
outside perspective. The issue can be seen in several forms including
multiple sip phones, vpn clients, etc.  Not sure exactly which models
fall into the category, but I know from experience there have been
multiple models over the years.

You might also check to be sure your running the latest firmware on the
Linksys.