[asterisk-users] Re: Asterisk hangs up after 10-15 minutes whenSIPPhone is on mute

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Thu Sep 7 10:56:36 MST 2006

That would be problematic.  I am using a cheap Linksys router where my
Polycom 501 is located and I see no such setting.  It probably is hardcoded.

Can I force the Polycom 501 to send empty RTP packet?

 (actually, I tried using comfort noise but I got an asterisk error message
rtp.c:330 process_rfc3389: Comfort noise support incomplete in Asterisk (RFC
3389). Please turn off on client if possible. Client IP: xx.xxx.xxx.xx

Mike