[asterisk-users] 0005162: RTP Packetization : Few questions

yusuf yusuf at ecntelecoms.com
Thu Sep 7 09:29:23 MST 2006

Hi Dan,

Dan Austin wrote:
>>I ahve been using the RTP packetization patch for a while, and
>>its going great.  I have a few questions:
>
> That is excellent.
>

>>I always get this message:
>>2006-08-31 22:11:22 WARNING[1278]: frame.c:1072
>>ast_codec_pref_getsize: Framing not set for codec alaw, using
>>default 20
>
> Not so excellent.
>

>>even though I set in sip.conf
>

>>[general]
>>context=default                 ; Default context for incoming calls
>>disallow=all                    ; First disallow all codecs
>>allow=ulaw:20
>>allow=alaw:20
>>allow=g729:80
>>autoframing=yes
>

>>am I doing something wrong?
>
> That looks fine.  Does it work with: allow:ulaw:20,alaw:20,g729:80 ?

As far as the above is concerned I have the following:

I am using Asterisk 1.2.10, patched with this patch for 1.2.10.  I have 2 * boxes.  They call each
other over SIP, and I have in sip.conf on both boxes

autoframing=yes
disallow=all
allow=g729:80

When A calls B, it sets ptime:80.

On B I see this:
We're at 192.168.0.64 port 11004
Adding codec 0x100 (g729) to SDP
Sep  7 18:16:16 WARNING[5529]: frame.c:1072 ast_codec_pref_getsize: Framing not set for codec g729,
using default 20

and ptime:20

So B is setting packetization to 20, when it should be 80, and is not respecting autoframing.

I have tried this with reinvites=yes and no, and autoframing=yes and no, still the same.

--
thanks,
yusuf

believed to be clean.