[asterisk-users] Sound (or lack of it) problems

Jordan Kirby Jordan.Kirby at rol.co.uk
Thu Sep 7 09:17:51 MST 2006

I've just installed Asterisk using TrixBox 1.1 (previously has 1.0
installed and working).
All my sip trunks and iax trunks connect and can receive calls (there
are no phones connected to Asterisk - it's just used for incoming
automated services), but the problem is that the line is silent.
The Asterisk logs go into the dialplan and into the agi script but I get
no sound (I know the scripts are ok).
I can even trigger events in the scripts using the relevant buttons on
my phone.

The problem effects both the sip and iax trunks and I've opened the
firewall right up to eliminate that.

I'm at a loss as to what can be causing it - Asterisk doesn't seem to
error anywhere and I've run "alsaunmute" but still nothing.

Any suggestions would be very welcome! I'm getting fairly desperate at
this point.

Thanks

Jordan