[asterisk-users] IAX and rsa

andrutto andrutto at poczta.fm
Tue Sep 5 11:37:40 MST 2006

Hi

I am tyring to connect two * boxes over IAX with rsa, but I am having a slight problem. It just doesn't work. My configuration looks like this:

iax.conf on box 1

[asterisk2]

type=friend
context=main
auth=rsa
inkey=asterisk2.mydomain.com
outkey=asterisk1.mydomain.com
host=asterisk2.mydomain.com

extensions.conf looks like this:

exten => _XX.,1,Dial(IAX2/asterisk2/${EXTEN})

iax on box 2

[asterisk1]

type=friend
context=main
auth=rsa
inkey=asterisk1.mydomain.com
outkey=asterisk2.mydomain.com
host=asterisk1.mydomain.com

extensions.conf looks like this

exten => _XX.,1,Dial(IAX2/asterisk1/${EXTEN})

I generated the key with astgenkey -n asterisk1.mydoamin.com on box 1 and astgenkey -n asterisk2.mydomain.com on box 2. I have also exchanged the .pub files between the servers.

When I try to call, I can see on a console that the call is not authenticated.

I know I did something wrong (but what?). Is it possible to have rsa authentication with type=friend? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Andrutto