[Asterisk-Users] T1 echo canceller

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Tue Sep 5 09:59:18 MST 2006

On Sep 5, 2006, at 11:56 AM, Michael Araba wrote:

> I have had a bad experience with Asterisk and a Carrier's channel
> bank.
>
> The carrier brought in a PRI (data/voice integrated), the data and
> voice
> channels are split from the channel bank. I connected Asterisk to the
> channel bank via T1 cross cable with a Digium T205.

Sorry to nitpick but a PRI is NOT a data/voice integrated T1.  A PRI
is a T1 with one channel (normally the last) used for call signalling.
If the T1 from the carrier is split into two pieces (data & voice) at
your office and the hand off to Asterisk is a T1 then it is not a
channel bank.  A channel bank splits a T1 into 1-24 DS0 voice
channels.  If your interface with Asterisk is a T1 you should
probably look at getting one of the newer Digium cards with the add-
on hardware echo canceller.

-Matt

--
Matthew S. Crocker