[Asterisk-Users] T1 echo canceller

Michael Araba maraba at quikcat.com
Tue Sep 5 08:56:10 MST 2006

I have had a bad experience with Asterisk and a Carrier's channel bank.

The carrier brought in a PRI (data/voice integrated), the data and voice
channels are split from the channel bank. I connected Asterisk to the
channel bank via T1 cross cable with a Digium T205.

On many calls users hear themselves on the phone during inbound or
outbound calls. I have even tried MG2 echo canceller and no relief.

I believe a hardware solution might be the way to go. Does anyone have a
suggestion of a cheap used or refurbished echo canceller I could use?

Michael