[asterisk-users] Any Hardphone with VPNClient embedded?

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Sep 5 03:45:55 MST 2006

Hi!

> >> Take a look at Zultys SIP phones. VPN enabled.
> >>
> >> www.zultys.com
>
> As I too am interested in IPsec capable hardphones (or ATA's), do you have
> a suggestion what to look at instead?
>
> I mean: It's nice to say the company may not be around for long, but if
> there's no alternative, what choice does one have?

You might take a look here (and enhance it where you see fit):
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+encryption

Apart from that:
* Innovaphone has a H.323 & ISDN phone with VPN client; not sure if they
now also have a SIP phone with VPN client, though
* You could employ an AVM Fritz!Box with "modded" firmware; OpenVPN is a
relatively common solution here, not sure about IPSec

Cheers, Philipp