[asterisk-users] Handling Disconnection Causes

Rafael J. Risco G.V. rafael.risco at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 08:26:22 MST 2006

hi
I am sending all my 'not available' prefixes from h323 gnugk to an
asterisk box listening h323 in port 1721 (using oh323 module) to
handle disconnection causes based in this document:

Example macro for handling hangupcause:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+variable+hangupcause

so in my extension.conf i put this:
[voip-h323]

;; All calls to Cause Code 34!!
exten => _.,1,Macro(dial-result|34)

[macro-dial-result]
; Handles Disconnect Cause Codes (see link above for example)

It works but I dont know why i'am getting cause 42 instead of 34 (No
circuit available) in gnugk, I think my termination parter can
re-route with cause 42 because its almost the same (switch congested
or overloaded) but i
would like to understand this anyway and force to get 34 cause code.

thank you
rafael