[asterisk-users] Can QUEUE member be assigned from a GlobalVar set in EXTENSIONS.CONF?

Gary G. Hendershot GHendershot at cox.net
Fri Sep 1 14:52:24 MST 2006

what I would like to do is set some global variables in EXTENSIONS.CONF then
read the contents of these to use as "members" of a QUEUE in QUEUES.CONF ...

example: (from [global] section of extensions.conf)

    TECH-SUPPORT=SIP/5000    ; set value of TECH-SUPORT to be SIP/5000

example: (from [tech-support] queues.conf]

    member => ${TECH-SUPPORT}

my intent here is have a central location where I can easily assign/change
members of the queue.

Should this work ???  I have tried it and it dont seem too but then I have
done something stupid in my syntax.  I have confrmed that the
${TECH-SUPPORT} variable is assigned properly, is available and works as
expected within EXTENSIONS.CONF, but it seems it cant be used in QUEUE.CONF.

The agents scenario will not work for my application as it is a small 5
person shop where everyone wears 5 hats.  There really are no dedicated
agents and my users would object to having to logon/logoff and so on.

I can of course "hard wire" the QUEUES.CONF with the values, have tried this
and it works fine!  I was just looking for lazy way to manage it.  Any ideas
on this would be appreciated.

Regards

G.Hendershot