[asterisk-users] Re: Re: 911 versus 9.911

Jim Rice jim at bydesignpublishing.com
Fri Sep 1 09:18:55 MST 2006

Pardon me for jumping into the middle of the thread,
but how does one actually test 911 (or 9911)?

I called Verizon, and after speaking with four different departments and
supervisors, they said to just call 911 and tell them that I am going to
be calling them to test.  (Well, duh, too late, I'd have already
called.)

Is there a proper protocol or procedure?  I didn't want the local
sheriff showing up to verify that it wasn't a real emergency...

PS: Someone posted this earlier.  Is this a valid configuration?

exten => _911,1,Dial(Zap/1/911)
exten => _9911,1,Dial(Zap/1/911)