[asterisk-users] Toll-Free numbers

Jay Milk ast-users at skimmilk.net
Fri Sep 1 08:11:43 MST 2006

Asterisk is the least of your problems here.  You first need to talk to
your country's telephone operator and ask if it's possible to get a
toll-free prefix or area code.  IF they can, I'm sure they'll charge you
handsomely for that privilege -- initially, per month, per call and per
minute.  Next you'll need to advertise to an ignorant public, get
clients to sign up with you and pay for this service, etc.  Chances are,
if there's money to be made, your country's telco would have done that
already.