[asterisk-users] 911 versus 9.911

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Fri Sep 1 06:06:27 MST 2006

I have enabled outside extension '911' and '11' for emergency
service.  This way users can either dial '9911' or '911' to get to a
PSAP.  I would rather have a couple accidential 911 calls than a
death because someone forgot to dial a 2nd 9.  When people are
freaking out they fall back on muscle memory.  Many won't pay
attention to wether they need to dial 9 for an outside line and then
911 for emergency.