[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Cygwin Port.

joshnet at nbnet.nb.ca joshnet at nbnet.nb.ca
Tue Sep 5 14:32:44 MST 2006

Hello Everyone,

For the past few days I have been working on porting asterisk to the win32
platform using Cygwin. Asterisk is already capable of being loaded itself, but
the modules are presenting a problem. On Windows a DLL can not access any
functions of the program it was loaded from, which asterisk modules like to do.
I have however come up with a crazy idea of turning asterisk into a DLL and
using a dummy program to jump into the DLL for execution. This will allow
modules to link to the main asterisk DLL and use the functions there, so I
hope. If anybody can render assistance it would be much appreciated.

- Joshua Colp.

And in the famous last words of a bkw answer so he'll know who this is...
NEXT!!!