No subject

Tue Sep 5 14:32:44 MST 2006

crossover cable and connect this trunk card directly to an ISDN card in the
Asterisk box.

Doing some searching, it appears there are quite a number of ISDN simulators
on the market people are using for Cisco exam preparations. I'm wondering if
anyone out there would have done, or know if what I'm thinking is possible?
-

[Asterisk Box ISDN Card] <---> [ISDN SIM] <---> [Norstar BRI Trunk]

Granted, there might be a need for NT-1's at each link for the ISDN
Simulator, but apart from that, would this work?

The way I see it, so long as the ISDN sim gives asterisk a dialtone, accepts
a phone number, then passes that number (preferable a 3 digit number for
DID) to the Norstar, then one can dial direct from Asterisk to a Norstar
extension. Likewise, one can dial from the Norstar direct to the Asterisk
box, perhaps without the need for a auto-attendent menu to direct users if
Direct InDial numbering can be provided.

Anyway, just some food for thought at this stage on how to get around it,
the pricings for some of the simulators I've seen are prohibitively
expensive.

I think in my case it may be cheaper to replace the Norstar extensions with
brand new Cisco SIP phones and plug the ISDN trunks direct into Asterisk,
making the Norstar defunct and the whole system much more flexible... but
that's just a pipe dream at this stage :-)

Cheers,
Chris Lee