No subject

Tue Sep 5 14:32:44 MST 2006

rather incomplete or just-bare-sip-minimum functionality. It also appears
as though all four ports are treated as a group-of-lines, and one doesn't
have any choice (from a sip perspective) on which port to use for outgoing
calls. Since this one is set up with 1:home, 2:business, 3:outgoing calls
I really need to be able to select which port * is going to use, particularly
since outgoing 'home' long distance calls must use a different port then for
outgoing 'business' calls.

The entire box (4 ports) has only a single IP, so if the dial sip command
doesn't have any additional parameters/strings to destinguish selected ports,
guess I'll return it to the reseller. There appears to be a way to set certain
types of filters on a per port basis in the box, but I can't see how that
could be used to differentiate home vs business calls, etc.

Since I don't know anything about 323, does that control protocol allow some
sort of sub-selection where each port would be addressable? If not, it certainly
seems as though Mediatrix needs to go back to work on their code or something.

Can you think of any other way that * might interact with this thing via sip?

Rich