[asterisk-users] wrong password on authentication for INVITE

Klaverstyn, David C David.Klaverstyn at intergraph.com
Tue Oct 31 23:39:29 MST 2006

I have a Snom 360 phone that will not work on an Asterisk server but it
will on another server.  This phone has been working for over 4 months
or so.  I can not figure it out.  This is the only Snom phone that I
have so I can check it against another one.  The PBX that fails, fails
with any extension number.  Replacing the phone with a SPA has no
problems.

I don't understand how it can work on one server but not another.

The error that is occurring is:

Nov  1 14:31:42 WARNING[32190]: chan_sip.c:9720 handle_response_invite:
Forbidden - wrong password on authentication for INVITE to '"DavidR
(Perth)" sip:2030 at 192.168.24.251>;tag=as11bbecc0'

Please help.