[asterisk-users] simultaneous ring - call groups or queues or something else?

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Tue Oct 31 10:28:32 MST 2006

Hi, folks:

I need to be able to have a single DID ring multiple remote (IP and
PSTN) extensions, and then pass the call to whichever picks up first.
I'm sure this is old hat -- lots of providers offer it.

I see that Trixbox will do it, but it's not clear how it's doing it.
They use different terminology -- a "ring group" and "hunt strategy"

How can it be done with a straight Asterisk server?

Thanks for the help!

-Stephen-