[asterisk-users] channel.c: Unable to request channel ZAP

Asterisk asterisk at abraxas.si
Tue Oct 31 09:43:02 MST 2006

Hi All,

I have one rather annoying problem...my PBX can work great for weeks,
when suddenly I start receiving these messages when I try to make a
zaptel call:

Oct 31 13:52:47 NOTICE[15636] app_dial.c: Unable to create channel of
type 'ZAP' (cause 34 - Circuit/channel congestion)

Oct 31 13:52:49 NOTICE[15648] channel.c: Unable to request channel
ZAP/g1/247

I'm using Sangoma A104 card (with four E1 spans), and these problems are
only occurring on the first two spans (which are connected to a legacy
PBX) - the second two spans, which are connected to the Telco, work
perfectly. Even more: when these messages start to occur, I can hardly
initiate any call via problematic two spans (1st and 2nd), where I can
with no problem initiate a new call thru the unproblematic two spans
(3rd and 4th).

Restart of the Asterisk is the only cure so far...

Does anyone know what could possibly be the cause, or how could I
troubleshot this problem?

Regards.

Alex