[asterisk-users] Asterisk on virtual machine

Adam Robins arobins at PharmaCentra.com
Tue Oct 31 08:52:57 MST 2006

We have a centralized infrastructure where we deploy Asterisk servers in
remote call centers for authentication and transcoding.  SIP g729a calls
are then sent over an MPLS VPN to a central Asterisk farm, from which
calls are sent/received via PRI.

To avoid placing two servers in each call center, one for Asterisk and
another for Windows AD services, we have been playing with VMWare.  Can
anyone provide their experiences in using Asterisk in a VMWare
configuration?  Good/bad/ugly?

Thanks,

Adam