[asterisk-users] Good phones for outside of the office?

Alyed Tzompa alyed.tzompa at simitel.com
Mon Oct 30 15:37:21 MST 2006

		Isn't your problem more about NAT traversal rather than the phones themselves?

if so better use some iax softphone, have a look at:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-VOIP+Phones

of course you can use SIP based hard/soft phones but using iax based ones is cheaper and faster.

Alyed

Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:30:21 -0700

I am looking for phones that work well (or at all) when outside of the
network and behind a router, such as at someone's home or in a hotel.
My Polycom IP601s do not seem to be up to the task, so I am hoping that
there is a good alternative for my outside sales people to use to talk
to my asterisk server.

Thanks in advance,
Warren