[asterisk-users] SIP Server

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 05:58:40 MST 2006

Yes, you just need to setup asterisk with Digium board on the same
server of your sipserver, and then you must establish a trunk  between
your sip server and asterisk.

Then you must route calls  using asterisk dialplan as well as your sip
server dialplan.

Be aware that if you have both on same server you must change SIP port
in one of them.

On 10/30/06, Imran M Yousuf <imyousuf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dear Users,
>
>  I am new to Asterisk and had a query which is probably primitive. I wanted
> to know whether I can use the Digium Hardware and receive and establish
> connection to a host SIP Server which is totally a different platform.
>
>  Let me explain -
>
>  Usually there is a E1-VoIP gateway (independent Hardware) connecting to a
> Server/Client via LAN. In my case, SIP Server.
>
>  Now what I want is that Digium PCI Hardware and the SIP Server will be the
> same PC and I Want the PCI Hardware to act as the gateway.
>
>  Therefore my question in particular is:
>  That is can I configure the device to talk to the Server in SIP protocol
> directly?
>
> --
> Imran M Yousuf

Com os melhores cumprimentos,