[asterisk-users] SIP Server

Imran M Yousuf imyousuf at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 05:42:14 MST 2006

Hi Dear Users,

I am new to Asterisk and had a query which is probably primitive. I wanted
to know whether I can use the Digium Hardware and receive and establish
connection to a host SIP Server which is totally a different platform.

Let me explain -

Usually there is a E1-VoIP gateway (independent Hardware) connecting to a
Server/Client via LAN. In my case, SIP Server.

Now what I want is that Digium PCI Hardware and the SIP Server will be the
same PC and I Want the PCI Hardware to act as the gateway.

Therefore my question in particular is:
That is can I configure the device to talk to the Server in SIP protocol
directly?

--
Imran M Yousuf