[asterisk-users] RT Problem: Asterisk & Session Border Controller

Scott Pinhorne scott at scottpinhorne.co.uk
Mon Oct 30 04:32:49 MST 2006

Hi All

If this is the incorrect place or people can suggest a better forum to post
or an Asterisk consulting service I would be most grateful.

I am using an SBC with our * server. All end points register via the SBC to
the * server.

The sip_buddies table has an entry for user 1111 and user 2222. User 1111 is
able to register and make calls without any problems.

As soon as I register 2222  user 1111 stops being able to make any calls. If
I remove user 1111 from the RT database and have the entry in the sip.conf
reload and re-register then this user will work fine as will user 2222
(still running from RT)

In my sip.conf I have the following (although I have tried without these):

rtcachefriends=yes

rtupdate=yes

rtautoclear=yes

When the users are registered my CLI output shows:     (10.10.10.1  =
Internal IP of SBC)

2222/2222                  10.10.10.1       D          5060     Unmonitored

1111/1111                  10.10.10.1       D          5060     Unmonitored

The Realtime Database shows:

fullcontact: sip:1111 at 10.10.10.1:5060;transport=UDP

fullcontact: sip:2222 at 10.10.10.1:5060;transport=UDP

When I try to make a call from phone 1111 after 2222 has registered I see
the invites as I would expect and all looks ok but the * server replies with
a 403 Forbidden error. I have tailed the full logfile and I can see the SQL
commands RT is using to check the extensions etc but I never see the checks
for authentication (i.e that he endpoint has permission to make the call)
although I do see this in the packet information)

I can see the problem occurs when using RT and when placing calls but with
all the information in front of me I cannot deduce why the * server sends
back this 403 error.

Many Thanks in Advance

Scott