[asterisk-users] [OT] wi-fi ip phone scenario

Alberto Pastore alberto at msoft-italia.com
Mon Oct 30 00:31:48 MST 2006

Alban ha scritto:
> I've made some tests with Hitachi WIP3000 and 5000, works really good with
> roaming (without authentification). Some parts of the AP in the mesh are
> wired (no WDS), some others are not (using WDS), but all use the same SSID
> and channel. In all cases roaming was fast, quite not possible to "hear" it.
> Besides, with UTstarcom, roaming in the same mesh was not working well.
> Hope it helps
>
> Alban

So you're all using access points on the same channel?

I've been told that to make a good roaming wifi lan
access points must have coverage areas overlapping
with the next ap for a good 20%-25% of it (just to let
the client roam to another AP while moving), and
they should use different channels according
their topology, in order to minimize
adiacent channel interference, for instance something
like this

I'm confused...