[asterisk-users] asterisk-1.2.13 fails to 'Make' in Fedore Core 6'

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Oct 29 22:42:10 MST 2006

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 07:53:21PM -0600, Ward, Bill wrote:
> If I remember right, FC6 doesn't necessarily install the kernel source.

Actually, the kernel headers are never required to build asterisk .
/usr/include/linux is not from the kernel source.

> I had this error before when I installed on my Dell server with FC6.
> I had to run these commands and it got past that part:
>
> yum install kernel
> yum install kernel source

Huh?

Here's a shorter version:

yum install kernel-devel

But then-again, the relevant package is glibc-kernel or something.

> Then reboot.

No reboot is required, as you didn't install a new kernel.

Oh, and from what I see, building on Ubuntu Edgy will get you the same
error.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org