[asterisk-users] blind transfers with IP Polycom 501

Jeronimo Romero jromero at eusnetworks.com
Sun Oct 29 15:47:16 MST 2006

I'm running Asterisk 1.2.8 with Polycom ip501's xten softphones  The
only problem I'm experiencing is the following: I can't seem to get
blind transfers to work with my Polycom 501 phones  Either through the
feature code or the soft keys.

Feature code blind transfers:

I set up a feature map in features.conf like this:

blindxfer => #

This works for all my softphones, just not the 501 phones.

Soft key Blind Transfers:

Then I tried blind transfers through the phone like this:

Transfer --> Blind Key --> Extension.

Here's the problem. If I enter a 2 digit extension, it works.

Example:  Transfer --> Blind Key --> 70 (this parks my calls without a
problem)

If I try to blind transfer an extension with three or more digits, the
phone cancels the blind transfer.

Is there something obvious I'm missing here??

Thanks in advance.