[asterisk-users] Out bound calls 'you must first dial a 1'

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sun Oct 29 14:19:39 MST 2006

George Patterson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have asterisk 1.2.9 running on a Debian sarge server, my outbound
> dial plan looks something like this:
>
> [outbound-longdistance]
> exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(${OUTBOUND1}/${EXTEN:1})

This has been covered quite a bit in the archives.  Some providers want
a second or two wait before the dial.  Asterisk is dialing too fast.
Add a wait or two:

 From the wiki:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+ZAP+channels

Doug

-- Ben Franklin quote: "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to
purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."