[asterisk-users] Asterisk and ISDN and Hylafax

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Fri Oct 27 07:35:52 MST 2006

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Olivier wrote:
> 2006/10/27, Armin Schindler <armin at melware.de>:
> >

> > On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Thomas Winter wrote:
> > > Am Thursday 26 October 2006 23:35 schrieben Sie:
> > >

> > > sounds good, you think it will run reliable?
> >
> > I do think so. I have this exactly this setup running twice. One setup
> > even
> > has 2 DIVA 4BRI cards, where the send one is running all ports in NT-mode
> > connect a legacy PBX.
> > Regarding the 'parallel' hylafax, you just need to make sure that your
> > setup
> > is correct, e.g. asterisk should not be configured to accept calls which
> > are
> > meant for hylafax.
> >
> > Armin
> >
> > What about telephony features using chan-capi and Asterisk ?
> Are those features on par with msidn+Asterisk or bristuff+Asterisk (maybe
> I'm mixing up things together) ?

You can compare it with e.g. misdn+Asterisk. chan-capi is just another
channel driver for Asterisk which provides access to ISDN/POTS hardware
and drivers which support the CAPI interface. This includes
- standard voice
- DTMF
- echo-cancel
- Line-Interconnect
- Fax
- RTP

Don't mix it with bristuff. As far as I know, bristuff consists of
a) some additional zap driver.
b) Asterisk changes/patches which alter asterisk features.
[c) the old version of chan-capi]

but actually it is not a channel-driver like chan-capi itself or chan-misdn.

Armin