[asterisk-users] Asterisk and ISDN and Hylafax

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Fri Oct 27 01:34:39 MST 2006

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Thomas Winter wrote:
> Am Thursday 26 October 2006 23:35 schrieben Sie:
> > On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Thomas Winter wrote:
> > I would recommend the Eicon DIVA Server 4BRI cards. They have a
> > capi interface which is used by chan-capi (chan-capi.org) and
> > onboards DSPs for the faxing.
> > You can use this for send and receive faxes and/or use capi4hylafax
> > in parallel with asterisk/chan-capi.
>

> sounds good, you think it will run reliable?

I do think so. I have this exactly this setup running twice. One setup even
has 2 DIVA 4BRI cards, where the send one is running all ports in NT-mode to
connect a legacy PBX.
Regarding the 'parallel' hylafax, you just need to make sure that your setup
is correct, e.g. asterisk should not be configured to accept calls which are
meant for hylafax.

Armin