[asterisk-users] Asterisk and ISDN and Hylafax

Alberto Pastore alberto at msoft-italia.com
Fri Oct 27 01:33:29 MST 2006

Hi.

I have now many customers using hylafax + asterisk, and all of
them have proven to be reliable.

Two are using diva server 4bri 8m + CAPI (asterisk here is not
involved, as the incoming fax call gets directly to ttyds0x devices,
and the numbers assigned to the lines by our telco are excluded from
extensions.conf),
which is absolutely *perfect*, not even a single miss (except
of course for remote party's troubles).

Another couple of them is using a Digium T110 pri card
with asterisk+iaxmodem (0.1.14) on the same box, and they work
just fine (the only limitation is running at 9600 instead of 14400 bps)

The latter two boxes have 30 software instances of iaxmodem
(ttyIAX1..ttyIAX30) and, although we've never tested what happens
with cpu (P4 xeon 2.8 uniproc)
when all of them are DSPing, the server average load is
500 incoming faxes/day, with peaks of 6-7 simultaneous incoming fax jobs.

Bye,
Alberto.