[asterisk-users] SIP v IAX2

Henry.L.Coleman henry.coleman at voip-pbx.ca
Thu Oct 26 10:14:00 MST 2006

As I understand it the main advantege IAX has over SIP is the number of
port it uses and therefore its ability to traverse router/switches and
firewalls
Also the higher number of simulatanious SIP calls travelling through these
devices adds a higher overhead than IAX with it's single port.
Personally I like IAX but I there simply isnt enough hardware out there to
use it exclusively.

Henry L.Coleman CEO
*VoIP-PBX* 1-866-415-5355
Toronto Ontario