[asterisk-users] SIP v IAX2

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Thu Oct 26 09:57:05 MST 2006

- You will find DUNDi configuration a lot easier with IAX, although you can use SIP.
- If you use SIP to route calls between Asterisk boxes, you will lose your caller id as SIP uses the From: number to authenitcate with. You will have to store the original caller id in an extra SIP header, and then pluck it out an the other end, if you want to preserve caller id. Yuck. IAX doesn't have this problem.

Doug.