[asterisk-users] "Fixing the Caller-ID Problem", by John Todd for O'ReillyNet

Henry.L.Coleman henry.coleman at voip-pbx.ca
Thu Oct 26 10:00:18 MST 2006

Obviously we (as an industry) have to start to take notice of this spoofing.
otherwise "big brother" will start to legistrate against it. This will
give the CRTC or FCC another excuse to spend a lot of tax payers money on
something which is of marginal value.
My position is that there are only two reasons for wanting to change an
outbound CID:
1. to deceive the called party
2. to validate the calling party

I don't know how much notice people take of CID but obviously if if it can
be used to mis-represent or for fraudulant purposes then it will become
useless.

Henry L.Coleman CEO
*VoIP-PBX* 1-866-415-5355
Toronto Ontario