[asterisk-users] porting numbers in UK telewest/bt/adept

Conrad Wood asterisk-users at conradwood.net
Thu Oct 26 03:59:26 MST 2006

A client used to use BT isdn30 and ported the numbers to telewest
several years ago.
Now, the client moved to adept telecom. I *think* adept resells BT
products. We got new numbers from adept (bt?) and the old pbx on the
telewest lines forwards the calls to the new numbers.
On the adept line I got a digium card in an opteron supermicro server.
ztcfg gives me over 99.99 pretty much all the time.
Client complains about crackling, echo and faint on *some* of the calls,
mostly incoming.
I think the old pbx converts the calls into analogue and back into
digital and that's where a lot of trouble comes from.
Does anyone have any ideas on
a) how to get the numbers ported and from who to whom?
b) does adept really resell bt or have they got their own equipment? Are
numbers ported to adept or to bt?
c) are there any other ideas on how one could cut out the old pbx?

Any experts on porting numbers in the uk here? ;-)

Thank you,

Conrad