[asterisk-users] Maximum talktime in a queue?

Rajkumar S rajkumars+asterisk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 22:37:40 MST 2006

Hi Lenz,

On 10/25/06, Lenz <lenz-ml at loway.it> wrote:
> if you use Local channels for agents (or callback agents), you can easily
> do this in the Dial() command after the Local channel is called.

I am using call back agents. Pardon me if this is obvious, but the
dial is performed by the queue app, so how do I control the dial
command? A bit more elaboration will be of great help.

>  Of course
> your clients may get a bit angry at being disconnected, it is usually
> better to jave each agent stay aware od the call length and occasionally
> tolerate longer calls :)
> Just my $0.02

I am replacing an old call center system with asterisk, which had this
facility. So the clients are pretty used to getting cut at 5 minutes.
So every one tries to make the calls short and sweet :)

thanks a lot,

raj