[asterisk-users] UA - number assignment

Paul Ianas Paul.Ianas at level7.ro
Wed Oct 25 01:11:00 MST 2006

Thank you.

Indeed, this is what I want to know. When somebody wants to make a call
(using a standard telephone, connected to a media gateway), he doesn't
know what user is in my Asterisk conf. He only knows that he wants to
call John, who has the number 102 for example. He dials 102 from his
phone and the call is routed to the corresponding user (this is
Asterisk's job).

When using a softphone, you can call "user John", without knowing what
number he has (and that's ok). But when using a standard (physical)
phone, one doesn't need to know what user is in the database (even if he
would know, the telephone must dial a number), he only needs to know
what telephone number does user John have. John is an example. In
Asterisk I could set the username to -let's say - "xxx_John_yz4230" or a
MAC address, etc.

I want to know only the way I can make an UA-number assignment.

I will try your solution and I will give you feedback.

Thank you!

--
Paul Ianas
Programming Engineer