[asterisk-users] UA - number assignment

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 07:03:11 MST 2006

I think I understood what you want:
1- You want when someone dials an extension, do a Lookup in a database
using FWDCIDNAME
2- Then Dial the number that corresponds to this FWDCIDNAME in database

is that?

If it is so, i would recomend you to use AstDB - Asterisk Berkeley DB
(version1) - automatically installed with your asterisk.

Example:

exten=>_X.,1,Set(NumberToDial=DB(myuserlist/${FWDCIDNAME})
exten=> _X.,2,Dial(SIP/${NumberToDial})
exten=> _X.,3,hangup

Take a look on this function and applications on your CLI> show function DB

hope it helps.

Pls give me some feedback