[Asterisk-Users] rxfax problem

Tue Oct 24 23:58:35 MST 2006

Steve Underwood wrote:
> If someone wants to take my code and make it work with Asterisk under
> GPL conditions, that's fine. The GPL gives you that right. Please make
> sure you stick to GPL conditions, though. You can't use G.729, for
> example, in an Asterisk that's using spandsp.

I do not see any problems here - Asterisk does not link against g729.
Further, even it would be the case, it would be no problem if you do not
distribute it. And AFAIK even about distribution there are different
meanings (e.g. GPL applications which link against openssl).

Or do I miss an important point?

regards
klaus

--