[asterisk-users] Linksys SPA3102 - PSTN hangup detection in the UK

Faris Raouf asterisk at raouf.net
Tue Oct 24 09:29:36 MST 2006

Conrad Wood wrote:
>> I'm not seeing any caller id in the syslog nor the last seen number
>> thing. (which helpfully just says "," :-)
>
> I'd be pretty sure that the device doesn't detect the cli. My one does
> list the number under the 'last seen number thing'.
> What sort of line is it? Straight BT? telewest? Some converter?
>
>> I thought your suggestion about the filter was excellent so I tried a
>> few different ones (we are an ISP so I have a few hanging around ;-) )
>> but to no avail.
>
> Thanks. It's unlikely that it would affect cli.
> It was meant as a possible explanation for the disappearing polarity reversal.
>
> Conrad

I think I've found where the polarity reversal is going ... I think my
lightning/spike filter is eating it or something.

When I look at the syslog with the filter removed I see messages about
polarity reversals.

With the filter they are missing.

Yet the phones I normally have plugged in still seem to read the CLI
with no difficulty with or without the filter, and the SPA can't read
them with or without the filter. Very fustrating.

Yes, it is a bog standard BT line.

I've tried using the CLI detection mode without the "PR" but that
doesn't work either.

I'm not sure what to try next....

Faris.