[asterisk-users] Linksys SPA3102 - PSTN hangup detection in the UK

Faris Raouf asterisk at raouf.net
Tue Oct 24 07:06:20 MST 2006

Conrad Wood wrote:
>> It is brand new so I assume the firmware is the latest?: Software
>> Version: 3.2.6(GWa) Hardware Version: 1.1.5.
>>
>> It just doesn't detect real hangups at all. If the person calling hangs
>> up, either before and after the call is answered, the SPA will
>> eventually timeout after about 30 seconds and hang up - in other words
>> it does not detect the disconnect tone like it should.
>
> Interesting, I had it the other way round. It detected the disconnect
> tone during conversations. I disabled disconnect tone detection. *I
> think* it detects a polarity reversal instead. (It's been a while and
> once it worked I forgot about it)
>
> I posted my settings here
> http://www.conradwood.net/sipura.pdf
>
> Are they any different from yours?
>
> Conrad

There are some differences, yes.

Before I begin I should say that I think I've sorted out my main
problem. I basically experimented with putting the values that were in
the disconnect detect field into the ring tone field so I could hear them.

Although the 400Hz tone was correct with my initial setting
400 at -30;20(*/0/1) and subsequent settings (including the same as you
have), they just didn't sound right. There would be two distinct volumes
on the 400Hz tone.

In the end I'm using 400 at -30;2(0/*/1). This may seem backwards but seems
to work. The higher the value of the number of repeats (2 in my case),
the longer it takes to detect the disconnect tone. Also in this version
of the firmware it does not seem to be necessary to put two tone values.

But yes we have differences in our config other than that.

You have polarity reversal detection and I do not (I did try with it on,
but it didn't help even though there I have measured a polarity reversal
on disconnect)

You also have long silence detection off, which would seem logical to
me. I have it on, but will probably switch it off in case it drops the
line if I put the phone down to look for something etc.

You have min CPC at 0.085 and mine is at 0.09.

We also differ slightly at the bottom of the page.

You have 3ms On hook speed, I have "less than 5ms". You have Line In Use
Voltage 30 and I have 25. You have Ring Validation 100Ms and I have 256.
You have Ring Indication Delay of 256 and I have 0.

I will now try your settings to see if it helps with my next big problem
--- I'm not getting a CLI number. Instead I get the Username I've
allocated to my SPA.

Once again thanks hugely for your help on this. It is really good to be
able to compare configs.

Faris.