[asterisk-users] Linksys SPA3102 - PSTN hangup detection in the UK

Faris Raouf asterisk at raouf.net
Tue Oct 24 05:26:42 MST 2006

Conrad Wood wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 12:05 +0100, Faris Raouf wrote:
>> Do any *UK* users have an SPA3102 (the newer version of the
>> SPA3000/Sipura SPA3000) correctly detecting when an incoming PSTN call
>> has hung up?
>>
>> I've read everything I can find, including an SPA3000 UK setup PDF that
>> lists UK ring etc tone settings, port impedances, disconnect tone
>> settings and so on, but I'm still not getting PSTN hangup detection to work.
>
> I got an spa-3000 that works perfectly well now. (UK)
> I had some trouble at first though. What firmware are you using and
> what's the symptom? does it not hang up or does it hang up during calls?
>
> Conrad

Thanks Conrad,

It is brand new so I assume the firmware is the latest?: Software
Version: 3.2.6(GWa) Hardware Version: 1.1.5.

It just doesn't detect real hangups at all. If the person calling hangs
up, either before and after the call is answered, the SPA will
eventually timeout after about 30 seconds and hang up - in other words
it does not detect the disconnect tone like it should.

I have other small niggles but I'm sure I can sure them with some config
tweeking but right now the hangup problem is really my top priority.

Faris.